CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
BCAP 2015 – Bucharest Colloquium in Analytic Philosophy 2015 – Meaning & Reference
University of Bucharest, 19-21 June 2015
Romanian Society for Analytic Philosophy
Center for Logic, History and Philosophy of Science
Department of Theoretical Philosophy
University of Bucharest
- Michael Devitt (City University of New York) – Should there still be a problem about the meaning of proper names?
- Manuel Garcia-Carpintero (University of Barcelona) – Predicativism and the Presuppositional View of Proper Names
- Diego Marconi (University of Turin) - Discoveries about artifacts and the meaning of artifactual terms
- Genoveva Marti (University of Western Ontario) – Ambiguity, Hybrid Theories of Meaning and Empirical Data
- Benjamir Schnieder (University of Hamburg) - Talking about Properties
- Marian Zouhar (Slovak Academy of Sciences)) - Mathematical Singular Terms and the Myth of Rigidity
We are looking for high-quality contributions in philosophy of language, especially for those focusing on issues related to meaning and reference.
Presentations will be 30 minutes, followed by 15 minutes for discussion. Please send a 1000 word abstract, prepared for blind review, to email@example.com
Registration fee: 50 €
Deadline for submission is March 25th, 2015.
Notification of acceptance is expected by April 15th, 2015.
For more information, please contact Sorin Costreie at firstname.lastname@example.org
and/or visit http://www.srfa.ro/bcap-2015