CALL FOR PAPERS
29 June 2015
University of Warsaw, Audytorium Maximum
The digital revolution is resulting in social, economic and political transformations. These changes are often conceptualized using the term ‘digital ecosystem’ – understood/conceived as infosphere enriched by social and economic values.
We propose the notion of ‘digital ecosystem’ as the starting point of analysis for new interdisciplinary approaches, both theoretical and applied.
- Are the contemporary environments of work, economy, science, culture, politics and information becoming digital ecosystems?
- How is the digital revolution influencing economic agents and therefore economic relations?
- Are digital competences in navigating the digital ecosystems changing social relations and institutions?
- Is digital representation of sources a catalyst or hindrance to scientific knowledge?
- Does ‘the digital’ diminish or strengthen human competences?
During “Digital Ecosystems” international conference we will address these and many other related questions. We would like to invite all those interested to take part in reflexive analysis of the fundamental changes in how we understand the social, economic and scientific realities.
We welcome oral presentations and posters.
The following areas of research are recommended: Digital Humanities (epistemology) / Jobs & Skills for Future (society) / Innovation & Smart Economy (economy) / Entrepreneurship.
Conference language: English.
Deadline for on-line abstract submission: 31 March 2015. Notification of abstract acceptance: 8 April. To submit the form please use this → link.
Full paper (20-30 000 characters in .doc or .docx) should be submitted by 15 June 2015. It will be available to other participants before the conference and later considered for publication in a reviewed e-book.
Full papers will be considered for publication in a reviewed e-book with ISBN. Publication is conditional on a positive review.
The conference proceedings (including posters) will be sent to CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS CITATION INDEX – SOCIAL SCIENCE HUMANITIES (THE THOMSON REUTERS ISI INDEX). If they receive acceptance, they will be available in the Web of Science database.
Conference fee (50EUR / 200PLN) covers coffee breaks and lunch. Registration deadline: 30 May 2015. Details for money transfers will be available soon.