The Department of Social Philosophy (Institute of Philosophy, University of Warsaw) and The Hegel and Marx Society of Poland invite for the lecture and the seminar, conducted by Professor Massimiliano Tomba (Padova, Italy; Princeton, USA) in the framework of WARSAW HEGEL AND MARX SCHOOL – THE SECOND WORKSHOP.
Lecture: “The Task of the Historical Materialist: Walter Benjamin and Ernst Bloch”.
Monday 27th of June, 3pm-5pm (IF UW, room 109)
1. Benjamin, “On the Concept of History of History” (Benjamin_On the Concept of History of History);
2. Bloch, “A Philosophy of the Future”, pp. 112-144 (Bloch_A Philosophy of the Future);
3. Bloch, “Nonsynchronism and the Obligation to its Dialectics” (Bloch_Nonsynchronism and the Obligation to its Dialectics).
Seminar: “The Long War Against Commons: On primitive Accumulation – Locke, Hegel, Marx”.
Tuesday 28th of June, 3pm-7pm (IF UW, room 109)
1.Marx, “The Capital”, vol. 1, VII: “Primitive Accumulation” (https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/)
2. Tomba, „Formal Subsumption and Its Asynchronies” (Tomba_Formal Subsumption and Its Asynchronies);
3. Hegel, Philosophy of Rights, part “Abstract Right” (https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/hegel/works/pr/prabstra.htm).
Contact: dr Janusz Ostrowski (email@example.com)